Friday, 17 February 2012

more. dolphin. news.



As if yesterday's post was not exciting enough, I now know* that The Day of the Dolphin, the movie, was a milquetoast of a thing compared to Roman Polanski's original plan, which I think was closer to Robert Merle's original satire, which Joseph Heller among other people loved and which I among other people have now ordered from Amazon. In this, the dolphins spoke fluent English and held a press conference to discuss theology, philosophy and Sophia Loren. Also, the plan wasn't to assassinate a President, but to sink a Chinese aircraft carrier and start WW3.

* By which I mean, 'I believe some guy on Amazon who seems to know what he's talking about.'

2 comments:

cath said...

Was it made before or after the original Planet of the Apes?

Robert Hudson said...

Planet of the Apes 1968; Day of the Dolphin 1973