Friday, 6 May 2011

don't it make your brown eyes blue?

I watched Invincible in various sittings this week. It's an American football film. I didn't cry throughout, like I did with The Blind Side. Crying at almost any piece of popular entertainment is annoying, as my fellow criers will attest, not because we - those of us who are men - feel unmanly, but because other people misjudge our actual reaction by relating it to how strongly they'd need to feel to cry. It's just one of those things. For what it's worth, I think I also cry more in the wind than most people. Suffice to say, I have almost never got through an episode of West Wing without crying.

Not germane. What I meant to say is that I recognised Elizabeth Banks as one of the absurdly thin women from Scrubs, thought she was excellent and checked out what her career had been like. The personal bit of her Wikipedia biog is basically a (very) short story: On July 5, 2003, Banks married sportswriter and producer Max Handelman, who had been her boyfriend since she met him on her first day at college, September 6, 1992. She converted to Judaism upon marrying him. She and her husband welcomed their first child, a boy named Felix, via gestational host in March 2011.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I cried at Remember The Titans ...