Monday 8 March 2010

i have seven kids that live in five different states

I have seven kids that live in five different states.* I made some wrong decisions in my first two years in the league. Now I have to take on the responsibility of being a father to my kids. I can separate my personal life and off-the-field issues from football ... The mothers [and I] try to work out a schedule where I can see my kids. I talk to them on IChat and Skype. We try to find different ways for me to be in their lives, no matter how it is.
This is Antonio Cromartie, who has just signed for the New York Jets. Some commentators wonder whether New York might be a dangerously exciting place to be given that he has off-field issues. It seems unlikely that New York could be going to make these off-field issues worse.


* In case you think this means there are five women involved, think again. There are six. Someone had sex with Antonio Cromartie twice. Or had twins. Or, and I think this is unlikely from context, he is an unusually hands-on sperm donor (if that isn't an unfortunate turn of phrase).

No comments: