Wednesday 3 March 2010

i am my own guest. also glee

I wrote this week's Sunday match report. Long-term fans will be aware that match-reports for Spencer firsts and seconds over the last seven years constitute my finest body of work. I have not been posting the link this year because I've been unable to play. I am slowly returning to fitness, though. You must be thrilled to learn this.

(If you have been carrying on reading in my absence, you will have noticed that I am not the only person at Spencer who writes excellent match reports.)

Unconnectedly, I have been watching Glee. Sometimes, it's been terrific. Sometimes it's been not that great. The character consistency makes my particular Glee Club think that the episodes are written by a team taking part in a to-be-screened reality tv programme in which talented writers are only allowed to give each other very tiny hints as to what they are producing. It has a very Chinese Whispers quality to it.

Connectedly, I have series-linked Glee on the new box. It was installed by a tall lean man with short hair and a silver moustache who looked and sounded like a Colonel from a particularly nasty recent central European war. He had a picture of a cat hanging from the mirror of his van.

Unconnectedly, the verse before the song lyric quoted below are:
And I am this great, unstable mass of blood and foam
And no emotion that’s worth having could call my heart its home
My heart’s an autoclave
Unconnectedly, I have seen the first mocked-up paperback cover for The Kilburn Social Club, and I like it.

No comments: