Wednesday 20 January 2010

the birth of venus williams

At the Australian Open:



It sure looks like Venus isn't wearing any pants. Ah, but what's this?



She's wearing skin-coloured undergarments. An interesting choice. She wishes to appear naked but not be naked. I don't really have a take on this.

But it makes me think my tediously oft-repeated thing about the camera that looks up the skirts of female tennis players when they sit down, and how I would have fun with this if I were a top international women's tennis player. Instead of demurely draping a towel over my knees, I'd wear pants saying, 'Fuck Off'. If anyone complained, I'd ask why the camera was looking up my crotch.

Obviously, this feminist argument is subverted by players whose skirts flash their knickers, or whatever, all the time. But lots of skirts don't.

2 comments:

Holly said...

ask?

Robert Hudson said...

Thank you. I meant 'ask why'. I have edited. I am a terrible sub-editor.