Thursday 17 December 2009

somebody loves me*

Today I got an email titled 'I love you'. It was not spam. It was sent by a girl called Belinda Herring.**

Someone called Belinda Herring, who I had never met emailed me to say she loved me. You, crazy romantic fool that you are, see this as fate. Of all the people in the world, someone called Belinda Herring picked me. But really, all she did was forget to put a dot in her sister's email address. We had an amusing back and forth about this. She's seventeen years older than her sister, and the pair of them are 'closer than a two headed frog' which is not an expression I had ever heard. I like it.


* No, they don't
** Because I am big on privacy, 'Belinda Herring' is, for the purposes of this post, exactly the same as the real name of the real person who emailed me, but it is not the real name.

2 comments:

John Finnemore said...

I bet I can guess her real name. Selina Bream? Mary Catfish? Harriet Red-Snapper? Esmerelda Hake? Jennifer "John" Dory? Betty Tuna?

Waffle said...

I am quite moved by this story. There must be a sequel. SEQUEL.