Thursday 10 December 2009

not sailing but cruising

Googling myself as per usual (it is amazing I can still see), I found two new reviews of The Kilburn Social Club. I say 'two'. Actually, they are one review, which appears in both gay mag Attitude and, joyfully, Sailing Today.

The only difference is that, tacked onto the Attitude review, is this:
Attitude Verdict
There are some pretty imaginative touches here though, such as the different breeds of talking football, and the dialogue, when it comes, is fun. But while sports fans may find this to be an absorbing read Kilburn Social Club is unlikely to excite those for whom the appeal is limited to buttocks and forearms
I really wish there were also a Sailing Today Verdict along the lines of
This book is not bad, per se, but for whatever idiotic reason, it has almost no bits about sailing
I would like to assure readers of Sailing Today that my next book should satisfy them beyond their wildest dreams.*


* I worry, though, that I might still be too 'unhip' for Sailing Today. Those guys are some cool cats.