Sunday 2 August 2009

in which my mother is amazing

She had a party for my book today, and invited 60 expecting 50, cooked for 70 and feared only 40 would turn up. Well over 50 did, and I have just been eating delicious leftovers, of which there were heaps. No revelation to me, but a few people learned they'd been wrong all along on the subject of coleslaw.

Also my aunt, uncle, brother and various other family friends aged 11-80s were incredibly helpful in advance and lovely all day. I will make it the subject, when I have a moment, of my second inspiring photo essay. To whet your appetite: there is a gazebo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello robbie, it was a lovely party and memorable occasion and in keeping with tradition i was the last to leave around 11pm. Yes indeed your mother is amazing!

Lady Di