Monday 3 August 2009

i am sold out on amazon, and reviews

I am obviously glad that there have been reviews, and that mostly they have been nice. I think The Times and Elle are particularly astute, as is anyone picked by Radio 5 Live's books panel (you can still hear it here for three days.)

I don't suppose Amazon warehoused thousands of copies of the book; all the same, I was really glad to get a couple of messages today from people saying that there were only 4; and then 2 copies left in stock. I've just checked the site, and it says:
Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.*
Satisfying.

*They will have more in stock almost instantly, never fear. Oh. That wasn't fear.

No comments: