Friday 7 August 2009

i am sold out on amazon again, and reviews again

(I am not sold out on Amazon again yet, actually, but there are only two left. They only had copies again this morning. Obviously this is satisfying, on one level, but since my ranking is only about 1000, I presume it means Amazon's only ordering small numbers of copies each time. Maybe you are less interested in this than I am. It's certainly possible.)

Today has been very hectic, which given last night's book launch hedonism - I am a much worse dancer than I think - means I wish this evening wasn't also going to be hectic, but it is. (Revealing fact about me: 'hectic' is one of my favourite words to hear spoken in a French accent.)

People said last night they have not been able to find the Times review. This is how, those people.

7 comments:

Suzie Bee said...

Very interested in your book. Are you doing signings anywhere?

Beks Hourston said...

It was brilliant to see you last night and huge congrats again on the launch. So far kiddies have enabled me to reach page 24. I live in hope that I will be allowed to progress!
Favourite x

Robert Hudson said...

1. SB: I will be doing a reading/signing at West End Lane Books, West Hampstead (or, as I call it, East Kilburn) on August 17th. Any good for you?
2. F: Brilliant to see you too.

Suzie Bee said...

Ooh, perhaps. Do you know what time? I work til 5 during the day.

Suzie Bee said...

Just actually looked it up. 8pm - excellent! I'll be there :D

Unknown said...

Beware the Amazon rankings, for that way lies pain. Before you know it you will be 80,000 and dropping like a stone, desperate for a friend or relative to boost you back up to 18,000...

pres

Lisa Gee said...

Actually, about 1000 is pretty damn good - but completely agree with Archie.

Cheers
Lisa

PS. Anyone fancy boosting me up from 242,879 and falling?