Monday 13 July 2009

watch me dance

Not really. I'm doing my first reading later as part of Birkbeck's creative writing programme and working out what to say turns out to be tricky. Intriguingly, I am billed as a journalist, writer, librettist and sportsman. I sound like quite the Renaissance figure. But does playing lots of sport make me a sportsman? Not really. I never used to call myself a writer until I sold the book, for the same reasons that I don't think you can introduce yourself as an actor just because you do a charity Christmas show every year (plucking an example from the air). There are grey areas all over the lines, but none of those greys include me being a sportsman. Or a librettist, really.

I think it's going to be podcast at some point. This means that, by the end of the week, you will have two exciting podcast opportunities. The other involves me singing. It really does. But not much. In the not too distant future, you will have many, many podcast opportunities. I find it hard to imagine how excited you are by this.

No comments: