Tuesday 7 July 2009

doctor, doctor, can you cure my desire to learn something amazing?

Yes, I can, but not now. I have found a really great thing, but I haven't got time to do it justice. A clever soothsayer would know what it is from the subtle embedded clues.

To salve whatever needs salving, let me open The Duff Cooper Diaries at random:
October 7, 1918
In the afternoon I went to 18 Rue Pasquier - an establishment I knew before the war and which apparently has if anything improved since. There I was satisfied by a tall fair thin girl - rather like Nancy but better looking. Later, I met Healy at Ciro's which seemed amusing - full of tarts accompanied and unaccompanied. I dined with Healy and Carroll at the Ambassadeurs. We saw there another Grenadier - Drummond in the 2nd Battalion and asked him to join us which he did.

No comments: