Thursday 11 June 2009

today i saw my book being printed



This is actually not true. It had been printed a few days ago on the amazing Timsons ZMR ('Zero Make Ready' - a term which is a a bit misleading, and makes publishers think there will be no waste paper which is unrealistic) at CPI Mackay in Chatham. The ZMR can switch to printing different pages while the paper is rolling, and a wide variety of other things. I understood many of them for a brief while while the incredibly helpful Paul, Andy and Anne at Mackays showed me and a friend around.

What we did see was KSC being collated and bound. This was another new machine, and 3000 copies were dealt with in twenty minutes. I will be posting a photo essay soon, but today you can be satisfied with this.

I was pretty excited.

No comments: