Wednesday 7 January 2009

kp nuts

As I have written about in various places, one of the joys of watching Kevin Pietersen (who I love under various circumstances) being interviewed is him trying to remember the lines he needs to say in order to persuade the world there is anything in his own world beyond KP. I don't think he would understand this - he would say that he says he's all about the team, and that this gets reported, ergo he is all about the team. Maybe he wouldn't say ergo.

There are at least a couple of funny interviews with him in old Observer Sports Monthlys. Here is one. I am sure I read a follow-up by Rachel Cooke in which she said, 'Was I wrong about him?' and found she decided she wasn't, really.

This is via one of my highly valued readers, and it is from the Times:

Mike Atherton, writing at the time of Pietersen's appointment as captain, said the ECB's decision was their biggest gamble ever and that his relationship with Moores would determine the success of his tenure.

"It is no secret that Pietersen has not seen eye to eye with Moores of late and so these differences will have to be settled quickly and irrevocably," the Chief Cricket Correspondent of The Times wrote, before adding, "I hope I'm wrong, but I have a horrible feeling that this is going to end in tears."


She also forwarded this piece of inspired lunacy from the comments board on the Telegraph website:

omg what u chatting about of course pietersen deserved to be captain he is a fantastic player and has good relations with the players moores should of went a long time ago we need someone like sir ian botham as england coach now we would defo win the ashes under him.

No comments: