Sunday 4 January 2009

Amateur 2

This real time experiment is as thrilling to you, no doubt, as it is to me. What I have learned is nothing useful, don't get up your hopes. Amateur is the only Hal Hartley film whose rights are represented by UGC in France, so I imagine the problem relates to them, but it might not be because of them. It might be because of music - I know this is a problem for Northern Exposure, which had a similarly integral soundtrack the distributors or whoever couldn't or wouldn't pay for the rights to. I shall continue to look into this, but not in real time. I mean, it will be in real time, but I will do other things in the time, like make my supper.

Other films I have loved like I loved Amateur, and which are similarly well-regarded but not super well-known include some films. The one I can think of at precisely this moment is Any Given Sunday. It is likely, at this stage, that my list is alphabetical.

No comments: