Friday 28 November 2008

Poetry is 4 girls

This is literally not true, but that's what the GenderAnalyser obviously thinks. Before yesterday's post, I was a red-blooded 81% male. One poem and I leap the great divide - 61% female. Oh, wait a second, maybe the Mitchell-Hedges post had slipped off the bottom, with its 150% masculinity? Hm. Checking, it shouldn't have, since it is two posts below the bottom, but maybe that was it. It is certainly the most logical explanation.

I am getting really annoyed that the date is not coming up on the top of these posts. I have combed through the html in the manner of someone who doesn't understand html but is comparing it with a functioning template...

OH! Maybe I need to press the html button above this. Maybe I am a moron. Maybe you do not have to witness this internal dialogue. (This dialogue is not internal.)

2 comments:

Marie said...

I have gone from 76% male to 95 % female. I think I owe it all to reviewing Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story on Stage.

Robert Hudson said...

It's really, properly sensitive to cultural stereotypes. I went up (in the highly specific sense of 'got more male') when I wrote about torpedoes.